PETRO PIPE SABAHUnder the umbrella of Wasco Energy remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence in Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) performance. QHSE is deeply embedded within Wasco’s businesses and our operational culture and we continue to drive improvements in these four underlying areas of responsible corporate management.
Our Commitment to Quality
As an organisation operating in the safety-oriented industry oil and gas supply chain, Wasco is not only obliged to deliver products and services that are of the highest standards, but to implement stringent quality management systems and standards that verify the quality of our offerings.Quality remains a key driver of progress for Wasco and forms part and parcel of every process we undertake and all that we set our hands to. From research and development activities to product and service delivery, we are committed to upholding and maintaining quality processes and policies that exceed our customers’ expectations.We undergo regular audits by our major customers, and endeavour to continuously improve our quality standards. The many highly-prized certifications we have received to date underscore our efforts on the quality front.
PPS has obtained several quality certifications which include API, ISO 9001:2015 and Singapore BC1 Product Certification.
Meet Our HSE Objectives, We Will
- Ensure visible leadership commitment in all HSE matters.
- Comply with applicable HSE legislation and regulations, and apply responsible standards where these do not exist
- Established measureable HSE objectives and targets, and appraise and report our performance as a means of ensuring continuous improvement.
- Promote and maintain a work environment in which each of us in responsible for our own safety as well as the safety others.
- Assess HSE risks arising from our activities and reduce them to the lowest practicable levels
- Provide a safe work place to staff and contractors and ensure all personnel are trained to carry out their work safely.
- Promote the efficient use of resources and prevent or minimize environmental pollution.
- Ensure effective emergency management plans are maintained to cover all our facilities and locations.
- Learns from what we and others do through sharing and collaboration.
- Conduct audits, and take corrective action where appropriate for the purpose of compliance and continuous improvement.
Our HSE Policy
Wasco practices internationally-recognized Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards at each of its operations around the world. Wasco are fully committed to delivering quality products and services while ensuring no harm to people, property and the environment. Wasco take a systematic and structured approach to the management of the HSE based on suitable systems. HSE is a core value and an internal part of Wasco business culture.Wasco is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and ensuring that all business activities are conducted in a manner that protects the environment. As part of our corporate objectives, we continuously strive to improve HSE performance with an ultimate aim to achieve Zero Accidents at our workplaces. HSE performance is everyone’s responsibility throughout the length and breadth of Wasco’s operations.Wasco has established an effective and comprehensive HSE Management Systems Manual and programme which is evident in achieving an impressive HSE track record. Management’s involvement and emphasis on HSE being EVERYONE’s responsibility has directly contributed to the huge success of our HSE programmes.
PETRO-PIPE (SABAH) SDN BHD (PPS) is committed to nurtures its staff to care and protect our environment. We incorporate environmental protection in our strategic decisions and conduct our business in a manner that balances the environmental and economic needs of the communities in which we operate.
We will :
- Comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations and meet or exceed good environmental practices;
- Work with our partners I:e., transport operators, contractors, suppliers, interest groups and other government agencies in a concerted effort to operate in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Create a cleaner and greener environment by making continuous effort to be energy-efficient and to practice Reduce, Reuse and Recycle; and
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our environmental management practices to ensure efficient use of the limited resources